Sports Premium Funding
What is the Sports premium?
Schools have to spend this funding on improving our provision of PE and sport, but we have the freedom to choose how we do this.
- Increase opportunities for children to be more active at play and lunch breaks through the purchasing of more equipment.
- Increased participation in competitive sport, through taking part in cluster events (currently virtually)
- To offer a broader range of sports and activities for all pupils.
- To increase the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Increased opportunities for all our pupils to access a wider range of PE and sports through high quality planning and teaching.
- Opportunities to develop the skills of sportsmanship
- Development of pupils understanding of the importance of keeping fit and healthy, as well as, ways that they can improve their health and fitness.
- Pupils who are fitter, healthier and are motivated to continue to improve.
How do we be spend the PE & Sports Funding and who benefits?
The Governors agree that the money must be used so that: all children benefit regardless of sporting ability; that the most able children are given the opportunity to compete in advanced tournaments; that staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development. We feel that this is the most effective and efficient way for the funding to have a long lasting and positive effect on future learning and physical development of children within our school.